Shower

These are a bunch of before & after's of a shower. The owner chose a porcelain tile in really neutral tones.

Here I started out with bare bones, then added 60 minute paper which along with adding metal lath is referred to as "roughing it in".
I then added a tar-like paper called bitchethane on all jams and soap niches for extra waterproofing. 
The next step in the roughing in process is adding 2.5 metal lath, which get's me prepped for my scratch coat. Once that was complete, I floated the whole thing with wall mud. Doing this makes the shower completely waterproof, and gives me a perfectly level, smooth surface to work with. I cannot tell you what a difference it makes to keep this traditional old world style. For waterproofing, longevity purposes and visually since I'm able to make everything very even.  


The owner didn't like how large the tiles were that she ordered, so I cut them down for her.
Now that the walls were floated, I began setting tile. 








Comments

Popular Posts